| ||Certification of USA Patriot Act|
Along with the world development and various kinds of modus operandi of banking crimes such as money laundering, prevention acts are needed in order to avoid misuse of banking system or become a target of money laundering crime, directly or indirectly by criminal.
The Government of United States of America has enacted a regulation to prevent financing of terrorism, which is well known as USA Patriot Act 2001(Uniting and Strengthening America Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act 2001).
USA Patriot Act must be carried out in U.S. financial institution to prevent misuse of accounts in certain institutions, including foreign correspondent banks accounts, as a medium to finance terrorism and money laundering.
To comply with such obligations, U.S. financial institutions request all foreign banks who have accounts with them to complete a standard certificate. The form, which is sent to all foreign banks with correspondent accounts, requires foreign banks to do the following:
- Certify that they are not shell banks (bank that does not have a physical presence in any country in which the bank is founded and hold the license also not affiliated with any financial service group that become into the effective consolidated subject)
- Certify that they will not permit shell banks access to the U.S. correspondent account;
- Identify the owners of the bank; and
- Identify a U.S. agent for service of process.
To comply with the USA PATRIOT Act, PT. Bank OCBC NISP Tbk. has fulfilled the Certification regarding foreign bank correspondence. The Certification applies to all accounts established for PT. Bank OCBC NISP, Tbk. by Covered Financial Institutions.
- USA Patriot Act Certification
- AML-KYC QuestionnareC
- Institution Profile