For More than 82 Years, Bank OCBC NISP Has Been Standing Strong, Consistent in Recording Positive Performance, and Prudent in Running its Operations
Shareholders’ Approval on the Six meeting Agendas
Bank OCBC NISP held the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGMS) on Tuesday, 11 April 2023 (“The Meeting”), of which resolutions have been passed on all meeting agendas, as follow:
- The Company’s Annual Report including the Board of Directors’ Report and the Board of Commissioners’ Supervision Report for the 2022 financial year.
- Determination of the appropriation of the Company’s net profit of the 2022 financial year amounted to IDR3.3 trillion:
- 40% or amounted to IDR1.3 trillion or IDR58 per share is determined as cash dividend.
- IDR100 million is set aside for general reserves.
- The remaining net profit as retained earnings.
- Buyback of Company’s shares at a maximum of 402,000 shares and the transfer of buyback shares proceeds for the distribution of variable remuneration in accordance with the prevailing Indonesia’s Financial Services Authority Regulation (POJK) and applicable regulations.
- Approval on the Resolution Plan according to the Indonesian Deposit Insurance Corporation (IDIC) Regulation Number 1 year 2021.
- Changes in the Company’s Board composition, as follows:
- The appointment of Nicholas Tan as an Independent Commissioner, effective after obtaining OJK’s approval until the closing of the Company’s AGMS in 2026.
- The reappointment members of Board of Commissioners:
- Pramukti Surjaudaja as President Commissioner, Jusuf Halim and Betti S. Alisjahbana as Independent Commissioners, effective since the closing of the Meeting until the closing of the Company’s AGMS in 2026.
- Lai Teck Poh as Commissioner, effective since the closing of the Meeting until the closing of the Company’s AGMS in 2025.
- Kwan Chiew Choi as Independent Commissioner effective since the closing of the Meeting until the effective date of the new Independent Commissioner.
- The reappointment of Board of Directors:
- Parwati Surjaudaja as President Director, Emilya Tjahjadi, Hartati, Joseph Chan Fook Onn, Ka Jit, and Lili S. Budiana as Directors.
- The reappointment of Sharia Supervisory Board:
- Muhammad Anwar Ibrahim as Chairman, and Mohammad Bagus Teguh Perwira as Member.
- The delegation of authority and power of attorney to the Board of Commissioners to appoint a Public Accountant and a Public Accounting Firm to audit the Company’s Consolidated Financial Statements for the financial year of 2023.
Sustained Positive Performance
- Amidst the economic recovery, Bank OCBC NISP continues its commitment to realizing the aspirations of individual and business customers by providing comprehensive financial service solutions. The manifestation of this commitment is reflected in the assets of Bank OCBC NISP which increased by 11% YoY to IDR238.5 trillion, resulting in the growth of net profit by 32% YoY in 2022.
- Net profit growth was driven by 14% YoY growth in net interest income and a decrease of 25% YoY in allowance for impairment losses.
- Total deposits at the end of 2022 reached IDR176 trillion, with 55% Current Account and Savings (CASA) and 45% Time Deposits.
- At the end of 2022, Bank OCBC NISP recorded loan disbursement increase by 14% YoY, driven by 13% YoY growth in business banking loans and 16% YoY growth in retail banking loans. Moreover, as one of the supporting factors in retail banking segments was consumer loans grew by 24%.
- Stronger demand in credit has driven an increase in the Loan to Deposits Ratio (LDR) to 77.2% at the end of 2022. On the other hand, Bank OCBC NISP is also committed to maintaining quality in loans disbursement, as proven by NPL Gross at 2.4% and the allowance to Gross NPL is also in a prudent position above 200% - reflecting that Bank OCBC NISP has implemented the prudence principle in managing disbursed loans.
- Bank OCBC NISP is one of the banks with highest credit ratings in Indonesia, i.e.,AAA(idn)/stable from PT Fitch Ratings Indonesia.
“Bank OCBC NISP's positive and sustainable performance is inseparable from the support of all stakeholders for trusting us as their banking partner. Furthermore, the Bank will always consistently implement prudence principle and responsible banking activities, as well as continue to innovate, in order to provide financial services that can be accessed anywhere and anytime," stated Parwati Surjaudaja, President Director of Bank OCBC NISP.
Consistent in Supporting Society to Be More #FinanciallyFit
- Currently, the government is promoting ‘Indonesia Emas 2045 (Golden Indonesia 2045 Vision)’, a vision to build a developed country that is sovereign, fair, and prosperous. One of the pillars' goals is to promote general welfare with financial health as one of the key measurements. Hence, financial inclusion and literacy are indispensable. In line with this, Bank OCBC NISP continues to innovate and develop various initiatives to build a #FinanciallyFit society.
- It is aligned with the result of Financial Fitness Index 2022, an annual research collaboration with NielsenIQ, that shows the increase of Indonesia's Financial Fitness score to 40.06 in 2022, compared to the previous year with 37.72. However, 76% of Indonesians still need to address several financial habits.
- One of Bank OCBC NISP's efforts to increase the financial fitness score is to continue campaigning Financial Fitness solutions through various initiatives, including the launch of Financial Fitness Gym (FFG), an experience centre branch office that is designed not only for day-to-day banking transactions, but to prioritize education with the concept of 'financial fitness equals to physical fitness'. Currently FFG is located at Mall Ciputra Surabaya, and the most recent is located at The COVE, Pantai Indah Kapuk, North Jakarta.
- Moreover, Bank OCBC NISP also actively organizes more than 300 online and offline education classes, including Ruang MeNYALA webinar class, Financial EducatiON, and other educational activities which were attended by more than 78,000 participants. The Bank also regularly creates and distributes educational contents on its digital and social media.
- Bank OCBC NISP’s commitment to educate Indonesians towards the importance of financial management also received a positive outcome. It is shown in the increasing interest of customers to grow their funds through investment products in 2022 - the Bank's wealth management overall products transactions for mutual funds, bancassurance, and marketable securities transactions resulted a 9% YoY growth in income.
- In 2022, Bank OCBC NISP recorded 25% YoY increase in mortgage, both in KPR Kendali & KPR Easy Start.
Digital Capability Acceleration Supports Customers’ Needs
- Bank OCBC NISP recorded an increase in digital activity of individual customers through mobile banking application, ONe Mobile – an application to grow money, by 37% YoY. The value of transactions increased by 23%, while the number of users grow by 21% compared to 2021. Moreover, the growth of foreign currency transactions through ONe Mobile also grew very well. It reflects that ONe Mobile's features are well accepted by customers to support their needs in wealth management and daily banking transactions.
- In the business banking segment, Bank OCBC NISP also noted 18% increase respectively in both users and transaction value of velocity@ocbcnisp, an application that provides easy business transactions. This growth indicates that more businesses are conducting banking activities through Bank OCBC NISP's integrated digital channels to grow and operate their businesses efficiently.
“The role of banking as one of the spearheads of the economy is very important. Hence, we will continue to innovate and accelerate digital capabilities to cater the society’s needs, in order to make us more #FinanciallyFit,” added Parwati.
Commitment in Sustainable Financing
- As the first Indonesian Bank to disburse green financing in collaboration with the International Finance Corporation (IFC) in the form of green bonds and gender bond, Bank OCBC NISP sees that sustainable financing is an important part of a smart economy that must be continuously encouraged. Thus, the Bank will continuously explore potential debtors or debtors whose businesses are engaged in sectors that support green financing.
- Bank OCBC NISP's green bonds are mainly channeled to the development of green projects and green property financing, including Pollution Prevention, Renewable Energy, Land & Water Biodiversity Conservation, Water & Waste Treatment, Climate Change Adaptation, Eco-Efficient Product, Green Transportation, Green Building and Waste Management. Meanwhile Gender Bond is manifested through #TAYTB Women Warriors program, a financial solution and service for women entrepreneurs by combining individual and business needs supported by beyond banking services.
- Sustainable financing is also allocated to support MSMEs to step up their business. Bank OCBC NISP presents #ONPreneurship ecosystem, which is equipped with the innovation in the provision of MSME development modules, which overall theme has been adapted to the needs of MSMEs. #ONPreneurship program serves as a platform for business owners to improve their abilities by participating in educational programs, training, networking events, awards, and even gaining access to funding.
- As of 31 December 2022, Bank OCBC NISP has disbursed sustainable financing of IDR33.8 trillion, of which, among others, was channeled to the #TAYTB Women Warriors program amounting to IDR3.0 trillion, or increased by 26% YoY. This program has a total of 1,254 women entrepreneurs, a 17% YoY increase. Furthermore, the total of green financing in 2022 is IDR 13.83 trillion, an increase of 12% from previous year.
- Not only providing sustainable financing, Bank OCBC NISP's operations are also carried out in a sustainable manner. The Bank received IFC EDGE green building certification on July 25, 2022, for ONSpace Building in BSD, Tangerang. Its design, construction, and operations consider sustainability, pollution reduction (net zero carbon), and increase employees and communities quality of life. Following the certification, Bank OCBC NISP has made 28% energy savings, 61% water savings, and 25% savings on embodied energy material use. These actions demonstrate the Bank’s commitment to participate in the fight against climate change.
National and International Accolades
- Throughout 2022, Bank OCBC NISP has received more than 60 awards for Business, Retail categories, Digitalization, Performance, Good Corporate Governance (GCG), Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), Treasury, Human Resources, Products, and Communication Campaign.
- Some prestigious awards from international organizations include:
- ‘The Best Bank of The Year Indonesia’, The Banker, London (2018 - 2022),
- ‘Best Private Bank Indonesia’, ‘Best Corporate Governance Bank Indonesia’, and ‘Best Forex Bank Indonesia 2022’ by GBAF Publication, Global Banking & Finance Review Award, London, for 3 consecutive years (2020 – 2022)
- The SME Bank of The Year – Asian Banking & Finance, Retail Banking Awards, Singapore, for 9 consecutive years (2014 – 2022)
- Indonesia Domestic Cash Management Bank of the Year’ by ABF Wholesale Banking Awards, Singapore (2020 – 2022)
- ‘Best Trade Finance Bank Indonesia’, The Digital Banker Global Transaction Banking Innovation Awards 2022.
- The Bank also received various national awards, including:
- Top 50 Biggest Market Capitalization Issuers (Big Cap PLCs) by Indonesian Institute for Corporate Directorship (IICD) at The 13th IICD Corporate Governance Awards 2022, Indonesia, for 2 consecutive years (2021 – 2022)
- Best Bank in 2022 for KBMI 3 Category by Investor Magazine
- ‘Indonesia Best Bank 2022 for The Valuable Business Strategy Through Banking Products and Services Category: KBMI 3, Private Bank’ by Warta Ekonomi
- ‘Outstanding performance predicate for KBMI 3 Group’, ‘Best Risk Management 2021 KBMI 3’, ‘The Best CGC 2021 KBMI 3’, and ‘The Best Performance KBMI 3’ (Assets of IDR 200 trillion and above) by Infobank Award 2022
- ‘The Most Efficient Bank – KBMI 3’ Category by Bisnis Indonesia Financial Award 2022.
- Bank OCBC NISP's commitment in ESG aspect has also been appreciated by various organizations such as Katadata through 'Katadata Green Initiative Award' in 2022 and TEMPO through 'The Best Bank in Financial Sustainability category' in TEMPO Financial Award.
Overview of Bank OCBC NISP
Bank OCBC NISP was established in Bandung in 1941 under the name Nederlandsch Indische Spaar en Deposito Bank. As of 31 December 2022, Bank OCBC NISP serves customers through 200 office networks in 54 cities in Indonesia. Furthermore, customers could conduct transaction through the Bank's 496 ATM, more than 98,000 ATM networks in Indonesia, and connected to more than 600 OCBC Group ATM networks in Singapore and Malaysia. Bank OCBC NISP also serves customers through various digital channels, including mobile banking and internet banking – both for individuals and corporations. Bank OCBC NISP is one of the banks with the highest credit ratings in Indonesia, namely AAA(idn)/stable from PT Fitch Ratings Indonesia.
Brand & Communication Division, Bank OCBC NISP
OCBC NISP Tower, Jl Prof Dr Satrio Kav 25, Jakarta 12940
Tel: 021- 25533888; Fax: 021-57944000
Website : www.ocbcnisp.com